Clearview has been a dedicated life insurance specialist in Australia, since 1976. They protect customers’ wealth by helping them build a financial safety net, providing a comprehensive range of investments, super solutions and life insurance solutions. Their mission is to protect the financial futures of their customers and their families.
Clearview is an Australian-owned, ASX-listed company. They pride themselves on paying all genuine claims as quickly as possible, with the support of their highly trained and experienced teams. Clearview Wealth Limited is not owned by, or aligned with, any large national or international financial institutions, making them are free from any vested interest and bureaucracy. Clearview Life Solution policies are issued by Clearview Life Assurance Limited who is owned by Clearview Wealth Limited.
History of Clearview
Clearview has been in operation for 40 years, since 1976, when they started out as an Australian registered life insurer called NRMA Life, which provided life insurance exclusively to NRMA customers.
In 2002, as their services developed and diversified, NRMA changed their name to IAG and launched Clearview Retirement Solutions. Two short years later, IAG sold Clearview Retirement Solutions and NRMA to MBF Australia, which was acquired by Bupa Australia in 2008. Then, in 2010 MMC Contrarian Limited bought MBF Life and Clearview from Bupa and changed their name to Clearview Wealth Limited. In that same year Clearview was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) under the code CVW.
1976NRMA Insurance established.
2002NRMA Insurance changes name to IAG and launches Clearview Retirement Solutions.
2004IAG sells Clearview Retirement Solutions and NRMA Life to MBF Australia.
2008BUPA buys Clearview Retirement Solutions and MBF Life from MBF Australia.
2010MMC Contrarian Limited purchases MBF Life and Clearview Retirement from BUPA. MMC Changes name to Clearview Wealth Limited.
2016Clearview lists on ASX as CVW.
As of last year (30 September 2015) Clearview had $124 million in-force annual insurance premiums, managing $7.9 billion of their customers’ investment funds.
Clearview insurance uses major reinsurers, like Swiss RE with whom they have a treaty agreement, and has a Standard and Poor’s rating of “A” (December 2011). Meaning they have a strong capacity to meet their financial commitments.
Clearview LifeSolutions provides customers 24 hours a day cover, no matter where in the world they might find themselves. Furthermore, they encourage customers to manage their health and weight, by providing them a 10% discount off their insurance premiums, with their Health Maintenance Program.
Your Questions Answered about ClearView
If you were to die as a result of an accident, Clearview will pay the Accidental Death Cover benefit to your nominated beneficiaries. Note, death must occur within 90 days of the accident and is in addition to your Life Cover benefit.
You can insure one or both of your parents on your policy, but both parents must have the same benefit amount. Parent Cover is not available if you hold your policy within superannuation. Your mother or father must be at least 40 years old for you to apply for this cover and no older than 85.
- Severe Cancer
- Severe Heart Attack
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Severe Multiple Sclerosis
- Severe Stroke
- Severe Parkinson’s Disease
You can get claim up to 30% of your Life Cover at a predetermined time. This benefit is called The Life Cover Conversion Benefit. By using this benefit you can convert up to $2million of your total benefit amount at a rate of 30%. However important to note that if you exercise this option you will forfeit the remaining 70% of the Life Cover amount.
We’d love to help you with any Clearview related questions not addressed on this page. Please contact one of our experienced consultants for a guaranteed speedy reply.